Walk the tight ropes - day after day. That`s what every married woman does when she pursues a career. Is she
giving her career all that she`s got? Is she being just to her family? Most of all - is she being fair to
Working women are often pushed and pulled in different directions. They learn to play the pulley game - they`ve got to. It`s the only way
they maintain their sanity. How do they do it?
First of all - they come to accept that life isn`t going to be a bed of roses. There is going to be a lot of give and take. They know it`s
near impossible to be a great housewife and an excellent career woman.
So they settle for less than the best. Try not to be an impossible perfectionist. They learn not to sweat the small stuff in life. And they
learn to grin and bear it. And they learn to laugh away their problems.
The usual guidelines working women live by are:
- A slightly messy house is okay. Concentrate on the messes that worry the family. Certainly that is more important. Lock up the messes
in cupboards whenever and wherever possible.
- Get all the back up support you can. A family you can rely on. Domestic help whom you can bank on. Children who do their share of
- Family time isn`t about getting things done. It is about enjoying a relationship for what it is.
- Reserve time for yourself. Only if you look after yourself can you look after the family.
- Compromises are a way of life. So don`t get your back up unnecessarily.
But just remember! No matter how much one adjusts and sacrifices, there is a primary guide and mantra for every working woman which is
important for you to know and understand.
If you`re neither enjoying your job nor enjoying your personal life - then maybe its time to quit and begin afresh. Life isn`t always
about walking the tight rope, you know!