Metabolism rate regulates the calories needed to perform various body functions and many of you often blames a slow metabolism rate when they put on extra kilos. Those who put on an extra weight or find it hard to reduce weight, it has been advised to increase the metabolism to shed those extra pounds. An increased metabolism burns calories thus many of you try finding out ways to increase or improve it. Increased metabolism has many other health benefits apart from burning calories such as it provides you more energy and replace the existing fat with toned muscles. To get a deeper insight about increasing metabolism, you first know about why an increased metabolism is required to stay fit.
High metabolism rate helps you achieve expected results while eating more food or exercising less. A high metabolism rate indicates that your body is spending more energy while maintaining a good shape or losing fat that you can cover-up by eating more food. Metabolism is influenced by various factors such as the rate at which your body perform vital body processes such as breathing, rate at which your burn calories through exercising or any other physical activity and the rate at which energy is lost out during digestion.
How to Increase your metabolism:
Some easy steps with which you can boost your metabolism rate are outlined below:
- Increasing the time for which you are engaged in physical exercises improves your metabolism. Thus, increase the duration of your workout or the number of times you do exercises in a week. This will improve your metabolism comparatively at a faster rate.
- Before going for a workout session eat a snack with an appropriate amount of carbohydrates that provide your sufficient energy to sustain a hard workout. This is essential as if you don`t eat carbohydrate in required amount or go empty stomach for a workout, your body will continue to run off liver glycogen release.
- Eat small meals frequently so that it breaks easily and aids in digestion and your body get a continuous supply of nutrients thus improving your metabolism.
- Hydrate your body well by drinking the average quantity of water and decaf fluid throughout a day.
- Supplement: After consulting your doctor, take a daily multivitamin to retain the essential minerals and vitamins to regulate the food process.
An increased metabolism rate has several health benefits and to attain that you can follow the above listed tips.