Many children feel dread while going school and its a big problem as education is very important. Education plays an important role in developing the social skills in children and imparting basic knowledge to them from a small age so that they can use it for the betterment of their own self and society later. For some children going to school is not less than a pain, and they find reasons to escape from it. Children during early-childhood stage do not understand the importance of education but as parents you have to figure out how to engage your child at school. Few tips listed below will help you in developing your child`s interest in school:
- Try to find out what your child love in school. Figure out the aspects of school life that your child like and make a list. Reflect those aspects to develop your child`s interest in school and explain them the benefits of going to school.
- Listen to your child to figure out why s/he avoids going school. Talk to your child to know as to why s/he does not want to go. You can certainly get some idea while s/he talks with friends while playing or studying.
- Help your child by asking him or her to make a group of friends with whom s/he can enjoy the school life. Making a group of similar friends would help developing interest in school activities, and your child would gradually start loving his/her school.
- Try to develop your child`s interest in studies by helping him/her in doing homework. Make sure that you check daily what your child has learned in school and homework that he/she is required to do. A daily study routine would help developing your child`s interest in studies and school.
- Motivate your child to participate in various co-curricular activities organized by the school to promote his/her interest. Guide your child to perform well in whatever s/he participates.
- Talk to the concerned teachers or school psychologist to know as to why your child avoids going school. Try to research if there is something that is lacking in school or at your home that hinders with your child`s interest in education. If so develop an appropriate plan of action to modify the school and home environments to help the child adjust to school.
Help your child to attend school daily by taking necessary actions. Education is really important for your child so your child return to school should be your first goal. Achieve your goal by following the tips outlined above.