With the wedding season fast approaching, aren’t you curious to know what’s hot this season? The brides are drawing inspiration from the fashion runway and the designers have become fashion gurus! Most brides are happy to get a Rina Dhaka, a Sabyasachi or a Pallavi to determine what suits them best.
The brides will rock with…
- Fitted silhouettes in fuschia, pearl and amethyst.
- Delicate pearl embroidery, whites ivory are cool as they are hot
- The focus is on dynamic colour combinations
- Most designers have been inspired by the intricacy and beauty of traditional folk motifs that echo Indian heritage and culture.
- Today’s bride looks for comfort, style and a bit of oomph.
- Tapered trumpet skirts, with gold, and precious semi precious stones and diamantes teamed with a corset and embellished dupatta
- Wraparound ghagra over a churidar or sharara to add oomph
- The colour palette range includes ocean blue, deep fuschia, pearl, charcoal, amethyst and burnt orange
- Sarees are evergreen. The two tone, double pallu saree is replacing the traditional version
- Receding necklines and bejeweled blouses are in vogue