Summerʼs high-energy fashion palette is mimicked by the bright hues for nails this season. Thereʼs nothing bashful about wearing nail colours this season. Oceanic blue, sheer aqua, fruity pink, fuchsia, tangerine orange, sandy beige, sheer sunny yellow, pearly moon, even midnight blue are shades that make the summer nail colour palette.
All you need to sport the hot colours are healthy nails and a great manicure. Bright colours look best in short nails.
- Prep nails removing old nail colour and filing. Shape nails in an oval shape just like the curve of your nail base. The ideal nail length is when you are just able to see the tip above the finger.
- Moisturise cuticles with a cuticle massage cream. It makes removing hangnails easier. Push and not clip cuticles into the nail bed. Clip only the hangnails on the sides.
- Soak hands in soapy water and use a gentle hand scrub smoothen the hands. If your nails look stained and yellow, brush them with whitening toothpaste.
- Use a nail buffer to smoothen the surface that adds extra shine to your nail colour. Also polish glides on better.
- Wipe nails with a nail polish remover before applying polish to wipe away residue oil. Use a makeup sponge instead of cotton to wipe nails as cotton can leave fuzz on the nails.
- To make polish last apply a base coat. Then wrap the tips of your nails with polish. Bring it over the front edge of the nail and slightly under the tip. This helps prevent chipping.
- Apply two thin coats of your fave nail colour. Use long straight strokes when applying colour. First go over the centre of your nail, then on one side and then the other. Finish off with a top coat that protects colour from fading.