Many shudder at the thought of going retro with makeup – powdery, dry eyes and chalky face. But give the retro makeup of the 60’s a new twist.
- Get a sheer complexion with a light reflecting concealer that hides flaws effectively. Apply where necessary. Matte out with a complexion enhancing powder.
- Start by defining the brows. They should look thick and winged. The best colour for defining brows is a taupe brown shadow for a natural effect.
- For the eye, apply a charcoal-coloured shadow in the socket, and then layer a blue hue above on the crease extending it slightly. Blend a creamy beige matte shadow under the brow as a highlighter.
- Intensify the eyes with an ebony eyeliner pencil - swipe along the upper lash line till the outer corner. Finally play up lashes with volumising mascara.
- Use a rosy cream blush to give cheeks a healthy flush of colour.
- Lips are nude with a hint of shimmery peach. Apply cream lipstick directly on the lips.