Love Thy Neck
The condition of your neck is a dead give-away of your age. Most often you are scrupulous about taking care of your skin, but that stops just at the chin. You completely forget that neck is an extension of your face. It is the base that gives your face the right poise. By virtue of that, we should use the same skin care products and regime in that area as we do on our face.
- Use your face wash or cleanser on your neck and top of the shoulders. Try a creamy cleanser on your neck and shoulders in the mornings instead of soap water, to keep it soft through the day. You can go for a soap free face wash for your evening wash up.
- Once a week exfoliate your face with your face scrub. Rub gently in circular and upward motion - this keeps your skin toned.
- Apply an alcohol-free toner on your neck and shoulder. The toner will help in keeping your neck and shoulder toned and supple.
- Use your facial moisturiser on your neck and shoulders as well. Instead of rubbing the lotion in, use gentle tapping motion to pat in the cream.
- For daytime, it is a good idea to invest in a UV based lotion as this prevents darkening of the sensitive skin around the area.
- Even if you don’t use anti-aging cream on your face, you can try that on your neck first to prevent premature sagging.