Employees in BPOs are given training on how to be courteous and how to talk with a neutral accent. But the problem according to some companies is that there is too much of politeness and not enough of work getting done! Care to listen?
- Indian BPOs are not being direct with their customers. They seem to shy away from directness and hide behind a veneer of politeness.
- What clients are looking for today is neither the British nor the American accent. A neutral accent is fine.
- What the bosses want today is not just doing what the customer asks, but to ask customers questions so that companies can understand the market trend.
- Today’s work is about adding value to contributions and not completing a task.
- BPOs are now having sessions that get employees to ask questions of the customer.
- To find out whether that is exactly what the customer wants and at the same time to suggest different options to the customer.
Are you aware of this new need?