Friendships in the Office are difficult, almost impossible. But given the time and space, a colleague can become a good friend.
- Friendship among equals works the best in the office.
- Bonding with a superior or a junior sometimes leads to a lot of expectations on either side and this adulterates the friendship.
- Being friends at the office should not mean gossiping or chatting over a cup of coffee. It should mean the ability to work together towards deadlines and targets.
- Don`t allow yourself to be drawn towards only one group; this has the danger of alienating you from the rest of the office crowd, whose support you will need occasionally.
- Let your circle of friends grow; welcome newcomers into the group. This will be a good way of getting in fresh ideas.
- Friendship in the office does not mean back slapping or going for movies together. It means being able to step in for each other when the need arises. It means being good acquaintances.
Broaden your thinking and get involved with the people in your department.