Your child’s food habits will reflect yours. You have hardly any time to eat and perhaps eat the wrong kind of food because that is what is readily available. How do you inculcate those healthy habits so that she doesn’t become obese?
- Don’t make your child exercise all the time because that alone does not help.
- Encourage her to eat healthy food.
- Get your child to eat slowly. If she eats slowly, then she eats less.
- Have family meals as often as possible. This will get the child interested in things other than food.
- Your child will be willing to eat the greens if she sees you eating them.
- On the days you are not at home, have your husband have his meals with the child.
- Do not switch on the TV while eating. Your child will tend to overeat because she will not be paying attention to the fullness of the stomach.
No doubt, you have a difficult life, but you owe it to your child to give her a healthy life.