At times you may feel low, perceive yourself to be boring and sadly feel that you can never be beautiful. Looking gorgeous is a state of mind. All that you need to do is to make some changes in your lifestyle, wardrobe, skin care, etc., to achieve a look that will boost your self confidence.
In such cases, a basic wardrobe makeover will not only improve your mood but also boost your self esteem. Here are some basic wardrobe tips:
1. Analyze your wardrobe from time to time and clear out the clutter. Any garment, which has not been worn during the past six months, except embroidered/heavy work saris and salwar kameez, is probably not going to be worn at all.
2. Develop your wardrobe by piecing together the items you already own with new purchases. This creates an organized wardrobe with less clothing but more outfits to wear.
3. Your wardrobe should be organized according to your lifestyle and personality. For example, it is of no use investing in evening wear if you do not lead an active social life.
4. Trends keep changing; therefore, have a very short shelf life. It is best not to invest or include more than 1-2 garments, which are currently in vogue, in your wardrobe.
5. The wardrobe should be changed according to the season. For example, in summer your wardrobe should include cool and comfortable clothing and during the rainy season it should include clothing/fabrics that would dry faster.
6. You can instantaneously boost your wardrobe by including some colors, especially if you are a kind of person who wears only beige, white, black, grey etc.
7. It is always best to leave a shelf empty in your wardrobe. This shelf can be used to hang clothes to be worn during the week. This helps save your time during the morning.
8. It is always better to go shopping with a list of items you need and a budget. Never go shopping for a new wardrobe clueless. You would end up only buying junk or pieces that will remain in your wardrobe for months.
9. Never be a fashion victim. All that is trendy or cool may not be right for you. Understand your body shape and lifestyle and invest accordingly.
10. Invest in good quality clothing bags/zipped bags so that you can store away the clothing items that are not used regularly. This way, you can maintain it properly.
11. Always make space in your wardrobe for accessories like handbags, belts, jewelry etc., so that you don’t waste time when putting an outfit together.
12. Never try to change your wardrobe in a single day. The best looking wardrobe is created over time. Invest a small amount every month on your wardrobe, and you will never cross your budget.