The hottest look this season is Gold! Have you seen the golden girls.Preity Zinta, Shilpa Shetty and Deepika Padukone flaunt their gold laden lids? Shimmery shadows, dazzling gold make up, gold dust on the cheekbones...
Yes, its high time you got bold with gold, and experimented a little!
- The best thing about gold make up overtones is that it looks smashing on Indian skin. However, the skin texture makes a difference. If your skin is rough or ridden with acne, its wise to avoid it.
- Eye shadows in shades of gold can make a dramatic difference to your appearance.
- Golden shimmer on the eyelids can look dazzling. Use a combination of shades pale gold, dull bronze and yellow gold. Gold eye shadows also look great when combined with black or brown. It adds depth to your eyes.
- Heard of golden eyeliners? Try it! First outline your eyes with black, and then apply the gold eye liner to add a truly dramatic touch.
- Golden lips.add gold shimmer on top of your usual lipstick. You can use it over red, brown, nude or even pink lipsticks.
- Add a dash of gold to your cheeks. A golden highlighter on the upper cheekbones looks stunning. Apply it from the corner of the eye sweeping it towards the temples. Make sure you blend it well.
- Body lotions, creams and powders with gold dust are also available to give your body that shimmery look!
- Add a hint of gold to your hair. Apply a glitter spray that will give it a hint of gold.
A word of caution: use gold make up only for the night. It may look too garish in the sunlight. But, for the nights, go right ahead and get bold with gold...