Brilliant hair hue depends not just on your hair technician; some of it is your responsibility too. How you treat your hair before and after colouring job is what determines the look of your coloured hair.
- Consult your hair colourist before getting a colouring job done. The first hair colour job should be done professionally.
- Your natural skin tone and complexion should be the guide for the colour you choose.
- Make sure your hair is in a healthy condition without dryness and split ends before getting them coloured.
- Don’t wash your hair a day before you go for colouring. In fact unwashed hair is best to colour on. The natural oils from your scalp conditions the strands making it easier for the colour molecules to adhere to the cuticles.
- You have to be extra careful with your strands post colouring. First of all switch to colour save shampoos and conditioners. They are milder and retain the vibrancy longer.
- Go for weekly deep conditioning treatment. Use a protective serum with UV filter post every hair wash on towel-dried hair to keep your colour on.
- Don’t seek a drastic change in your hair colour. Try an over all colour change. This is the best way to experiment with colouring. Go lighter or darker gradually.