Sensitive skin is characterized by redness and other adverse conditions while using cosmetic products or exposing your skin to sudden weather changes. It`s hard to define the pain of those who have sensitive skin as they can`t apply make-up or any cosmetic product without prior testing. They have to take care of their skin from variety of things and thus requires extra care while using any product. As sensitive skin reacts negatively to most of the skincare products, cosmetics, environmental factors, etc., the underlying dos and don`ts would help to achieve a smooth and problem-free skin.
- Before using any cosmetic or skincare product on any of your body parts, test it by applying a small patch on your arm or leg and leave it for 24 hours. If the product shows no adverse reactions its safe to use. Don`t apply anything directly on your face or other body parts before testing as it can lead to serious complications.
- Choose products that are fragrance-free, color-free, and preservative-free as these irritants can harm your skin. Before buying any skincare product ensure that it does not contain any harmful components that can exacerbate skin sensitivity.
- Use moisturizer and cleansing products that are meant for babies as they are mild enough to keep your skin healthy and nourishing. Those with an extra sensitive skin can should use shampoos and body wash meant for babies as they work equally well and suit your skin type.
- Make sure that you use laundry products such as detergents that are natural and free from any kind of fragrance.
- Wear a sunscreen and other sun protective gears to ensure a complete protection against sun. Any direct exposure to sun can be really harmful to those with a sensitive skin so protect yourself against those radiations.
- Consult a dermatologist if you feel that your skin is extra sensitive and it turns red, swollen, itchy or dry frequently. It may indicate some serious skin problems such as eczema or rosacea.
- Applying herbal and natural skincare products while assuming that they may be gentle on your skin could be a nightmare. Don`t use even these products directly on your skin and test them to ensure that they are safe.
- Don`t use skincare products with fragrance and perfumes as it may affect your skin badly. Instead of using perfumed skincare products use perfume for your clothing to prevent a bad odor.
- Don`t use soap to wash your face as it contains harmful chemicals that may present adverse effects on your skin. Don`t wash your face too many times as it could lead to dryness and avoid using hot water for sensitive skin.
- Avoid exposing unprotected skin to extreme sunlight as it could lead to severe complications.
- Using skincare products on your own could be destructive for your sensitive skin so consult a dermatologist before using any skincare product.
Sensitive skin may present several complications, but these caring tips can help you restore the smooth and problem-free skin.