There may be other means of inviting people like cell phones, emails and SMSs but invitations card has its own importance in any marriage. Wedding invitations very important part in weddings. Ideally wedding invitations send to relatives and friends well in advance. Many styles, patterns and designs are available now days in the market. Designer wedding card is being designed in new concepts.
If you prefer simple invitations you can go for ready-to-use wedding invitations.They are easily available in various city stationary stores, card shops and bridal supply outlets. Theme based wedding are very common now days. It can be a Bollywood theme wedding, a royal wedding, a fairy tale wedding or a vintage affair. Your wedding invitationsshould be designed well to coordinate with your theme. You can also experiment and create your own art. Adding personal pictures to invitation is a great idea. You can use your own creativity and style to design and choose your card.
The first step is to choose the kind of paper for wedding invitations. Below are the few of the most popular paper used in wedding cards :
- Rice Paper is a very thin paper made of rice. It looks beautiful and classy.
- Linen Finish has a grainy surface and is one of the most popular choices for wedding invitations.
- Marbled Paper has tiny swirls that look like the surface of marble.
- Metallic paper has shiny surface also used for envelopes
- Glassine paper is a shinny wax paper used to make envelopes.
- Matte paper has an opaque finish. It has a non-reflective surface
- For custom made wedding invitationsyou can choose from various styles and patterns. Below are few famous styles for wedding cards.
- Engraving is the most popular style for wedding cards. The words appear raised and also indented on the opposite side of the paper.
- Embossing – In this a beautiful expression of three dimensional images is created with heat. It looks beautiful and classy.
- Letterpress gives an effect as if letters and images are stamped into the paper
- Calligraphy is one of the most artistic styles available for wedding cards. In this calligraphy pen is used to make simple handwriting in a very unique style of expression.
- It is difficult to figure it out the number of guests that will attend your wedding. It is advisable to send a reply card along with the wedding invitation
- Always specify the dress code that invitees need or need not to follow.
- Always choose a design that reflects your taste and make sure it carry the details of the programs and functions
- It is better to particularize the invitee and its family. Do specify the names, Mr. and Mrs. or with Family to avoid confusions.
Whether you choose stock invitations or decide to have them custom made, wedding invitationsis not just a card but a sweet memory of the D day. And there is no doubt in saying that wedding cards is certainly something memorable which you will cherish for your life.