- If your whole life is now centred around your kids and your work, if you hardly have time to yourselves during the week, if small crises seem to blow up out of proportion at home, and equally busy weekends are the only times when you get to interact with your spouse Whoa! You are in for trouble! For sure!
- Will come a time soon when you feel that you have to choose between your spouse and children to allot your time. A dangerous symptom indeed as the requirement of the moment is to balance between the two as both are equally important.
- There are so many small things that demand your attention that you tend to lose your grip on the more important things like spending time together.
- Soon you tend to get totally preoccupied in your own little world with your priorities all jumbled up.
- You begin to get irritated and annoyed with each others shortcomings. Where there was once love and tolerance, there will now be small misunderstandings that keep getting blown up out of proportion.
- You lose count of time passing you by and it will be many months before you realize that things are going wrong. It might even be too late to salvage the situation by then!
Can such a problem be solved?
- What you need is to make a complete and honest analysis of the situation. Simple write down all your activities together and apart during the week See that you evaluate everything, be it your job, the time spent with kids, family time, household chores whatever you did during the week. This will give you a fair idea of how you have spent your valuable time, where you can cut and trim so that you can allot sufficient time for everything.
- Maybe this exercise will show you that you are not spending enough time with your spouse. It is critical that the kids too realize how important your connecting with your spouse is. Your love for each other should be conveyed to the kids as it will help in making them feel secure. Take walks together it will help in bonding firmly as you can discuss various things when you are relaxed together.
- Never take each other for granted. Respect each others time.
- Both emotional and physical fitness are very important in leading a balanced life. Never neglect either.
- Any extra activity that involves time away from spouse and family should be given less importance as the time available with family is crucial for a healthy and complete bonding.
- Spend quality time with your spouse to the exclusion of everything else at least once a week. Let the other members of the family be aware that this time is reserved only for your spouse.
- Improvise fresh methods of spending this quality time together so that it becomes something you can look forward to without a sense of boredom creeping in.
Once you infuse enthusiasm and freshness into your marriage and reserve time exclusively for your spouse, you will find that interest in each other is sustained and the relationship can go to greater heights even while your family life prospers.