Relationships begin as soon as we are born in this world and they are part of our lives to the last day we spend on earth. Most of our lives are spent in interacting with people and our relationships develop with the way we handle them. It is an affiliation, a kindred feeling, a propinquity we feel towards a particular person that begins what could well be a great and lasting relationship in our lives. But then, it is how we manage to develop and maintain this relationship and the understanding that goes into it that is of real importance.
- When we are born, it is with our mothers that we have our first special relationship.
- The first few years of our lives finds us building relationships with other members of our family.
- Then come the school years when relationships are built with our peers and teachers.
- The young adult years follow next when other exciting relationships are formed, generally with the opposite sex.
- Soon, it is time to take up a job and spread our wings time to establish new relationships with colleagues and co-workers.
- Then comes the interaction with the public in your working life when you have to sell your product, or maybe maintain customer relationships that are built on trust and faith.
- Other relationships are added along the way marriage with someone with whom we dream of having excellent vibes and the new family which now becomes part of our lives.
- Last but not least comes that very special and very personal relationship that we try to establish with our creator lack of which leads to a definite void in our later years when we feel the need for fulfillment and joy.
By nurturing our relationships we develop meaning in our lives, our families and our businesses; we become better and happier persons with all the positive relationships in our lives. There are some very important facets that we have to be aware of when we build our relationships and these are honesty, integrity, trust and a willingness to be an open book to anyone of our circle who wants to examine us.
Adjustments we have to make
It is lack of trust and integrity that can cause failure in life. If you are ready to make the necessary adjustments in life and probably improve your outlook and disposition, your relationship building exercise can become successful to the extent that these very people can help you avert failure. This way, success and happiness will become part of your life as your sunny disposition and the willingness to make adjustments become second nature to you. It is during trying times that relationships come to the fore and lend a helping hand when all other things have failed. Just remember that it is the great relationships that you develop during your lifetime that yield the best rewards!