Both, parents and children undergo their own struggle to make their relationship better but if parents showoff traits such as dictatorship, the relationship might not be on a node that it should be. Well, it`s not so easy for parents to deal with offspring and especially when they try to rule them. Children whose parents have a dictatorship kind of attitude are required to be more concerned about their relationship with parents. Below given some tips can help children to deal with their difficult parent in a right way:
- Comparing your parents with your friends parents can lead to even worse situations so don`t ever do that. These comparisons will lead to dissatisfaction an unhappiness, thus avoid doing these comparisons. Accept your parents as they are and never fight with them to become someone else.
- Express your thoughts with your parents and convey your expectations and needs as communication is the only channel for building strong bonds. Talk to them and listen to them so the relationship strengthens.
- Don`t over react when they try to get involved in your life. In fact, feel them connected by sharing your life experiences with them and taking their advices on critical issues.
- Getting angry and retaliated on your parents about their way of reacting to certain things would lead to only problems so try to avoid that. As you know, that your parents have that attitude of being autocratic, avoid fighting with them. The attitude of yours to make them realize that they are wrong whatever they do would lead to distress your relationship, so avoid doing that.
- It`s better to follow some rules that help both child and parents live happily. A mutual agreement on certain rules followed by both children and parents can help in overcoming most of the issues.
- Taking responsibilities of what is expected from you at a right time can help in making good bonds. Try to do things that you are expected to do to reduce your parent`s responsibilities. This attitude shows that you`re responsible enough.
- Develop good bonds with siblings and other family members as they are the only one who would help in all bad situations of your life.
- Try to do things that make those around you happy. Don`t only think about your happiness, consider others emotions as well. Enjoy with your family members by participating in various fun activities.