Most women have definite pregnancy symptoms that are pointed out at the earlier part of pregnancy. In some cases, it happens though, that the individuals do not have a clue to the fact that they are pregnant. It can also be said like this, that in many cases some signs of pregnancy can be mistaken for those of other illnesses.
Many women have pregnancy questions in mind about how to detect pregnancy, common symptoms. They want to be aware of the different facts about pregnancy symptoms, the different stages of pregnancy, the pregnancy calendar or trimester and various other information.
Once it is confirmed you are pregnant and you know the pregnancy due-date then you can plan out pregnancy diet, pregnancy exercises and deal with pregnancy complications. So here is your guide for How to detect pregnancy, common symptoms
Common Pregnancy Symptoms
- The most common pregnancy symptom and the one that is easily recognizable, is missing a period. However, the other factors, like stress, recent illness, sudden weight loss or gain and getting off the Pill should also be kept in view as they can also cause you to miss a period. Another cause could be the presence of ovarian cysts which could give rise to missed or delayed periods.
- Another early symptom of pregnancy is a change in the size and the feel of your breasts. You might find your breasts becoming tender and slightly swollen or enlarged, with a tingling sensation that also makes them very sensitive to touch. However, this condition lasts for just a few weeks in the beginning.
- The third most common symptom is nausea and vomiting. Commonly known as `morning sickness`, this is one of the most dreaded signs of pregnancy. It is also one of the earliest symptoms, sometimes appearing even in the second week of pregnancy. For others, this happens from the 5th to 6th week onwards. Though called `morning sickness` some women feel nauseous throughout the day and can hardly look at food without nausea. The good news is that for most sufferers, the nausea disappears after the first trimester. Many women also experience fatigue and general tiredness which may or may not be fallout of the nausea and vomiting.
- Many might notice that you sometimes have to get up at night to urinate, something you have never done before. Frequent urination is also one of the first signs of pregnancy, and it may occur as early as two weeks after conception. This is because your bladder gets compressed due to the uterus rising into the abdomen. Hormonal changes, like the rising levels of progesterone can also stimulate the muscles of the bladder giving it a feeling of fullness even though it may not really be so.
- Another visible sign is the darkening of the areola, something that lasts throughout pregnancy.
- An unusual craving for certain foods as well as queasiness at just the smell of others is a common symptom. You may also experience strange tastes in the mouth.
- Constipation occurs during stages of pregnancy and is one of the signs women find most annoying.
Viewers who read this article also read