Organic food is the one that is grown naturally without using any pesticides or chemical fertilizers. As organic items are high on nutrition, it is the fastest growing agricultural market across the world. To meet the increasing demands of food due to the population explosion, the farmers have started using chemical fertilizers, pesticides, bioengineering or ionizing radiation, etc. As all these agricultural practices have shown their adverse effects on the majority of population around the world, people are now changing their food habits and turning to organic foods. Children are the most affected as compared to other age groups by the consumption of food grown through conventional methods and thus they are becoming more susceptible to diseases or illness.
Organic food is thus developed to overcome the dangers posed to the health of human beings by the artificially ripe crops. As organic food is natural and pure, high on nutrition, fine quality, superior taste, etc one can gain several health benefits. Other than benefits of organic food to humans, organic food also plays a vital part in sustaining the ecological balance, thus it is environment friendly. Consumers, farmers, and environment, everyone is benefited by the use of organic food and considering so many benefits of organic food, it has become quite popular within a short period of time.
Benefits of Organic Food:
- Organic foods are healthier as compared to food grown with conventional farming techniques as no harmful chemicals are spayed on them and they are free from any kind of chemicals. Organic food is high on nutrition value as it is grown naturally and contains a higher amount of minerals and essential fatty acids. The antioxidants value of organic fruits and vegetables are also higher than those contain by foods grown through other conventional methods.
- Free from preservatives, organic food items taste better.
- Organic food is beneficial to environment as well as it improves soil fertility, reduces soil erosion, conserve water, etc. Organic crops maintain the ecological balance thus making food production environment friendly.
- Growth hormones used to raise animal transfers these substances through meat and dairy products inside our body, thus pose a threat to our overall health. Organically raised animals are free from these substances and thus it aids in safe food production.
- Organic food is very expensive as it uses natural ways to raise crops thus to eat organic food, one has to pay quite higher as compared to food grown with conventional farming techniques.
- More land is required for cultivating organic food.
- Organic foods can`t be restored for a longer time as they are free from any kind of preservatives.
Organic food has several health benefits over the food that is grown through conventional framing methods and fresh taste would make your food even more tempting. Thus, develop the habit of eating organic food to enjoy a healthy life.