Don`t you wish you could turn to Grandma for help? Looking for help in the kitchen? Hoping to discover tips to remedy disastrous situations? You are in the right place....
- Soak lemons in hot water before squeezing the. That way you will get more juice.
- Prevent eggs from cracking, while boiling: pierce them with a pin before you boil them
- Put oil on garlic pods, put them in the oven for 5 minutes. See how easy it is to peel the garlic pods!
- Soak garlic in a cup of water for 5 minutes before you peel the pods. This way the skin will not get stuck to your hands.
- Peeled too many potatoes? Cover the peeled potatoes with water, to which a tablespoon of vinegar has been added. Store covered in refrigerator. They will easily last till the next day.
- Wondering what to do with potato peels? Soak them in warm water, to which a teaspoon of salt has been added. Remove after 2 minutes. Dry on a paper napkin / towel. Deep fry. Here`s your secret for the crunchiest wafers
- To store half cut onions, rub cut side with a little butter and refrigerate. It will be fresh for you to use the next day.
Save the Day
- Apply a thin coat of glycerine to the rim of the vessel, if you don`t want milk to boil over.
- Fed up of fresh dough getting stuck to the rolling pin? Keep it in the freezer for a few minutes before use.
- Stuck with overripe tomatoes? Dip them in cold water, add a teaspoon of salt and leave overnight. You can use these tomatoes the next day.
- Looking for instant salad dressing? Whip up a cup of curd with lemon juice. Add seasoning and toss the salad vegetables in it.
- Wondering what to do with stale, hard bread? Put a pan of water to boil and place the slices on the lid of the pan. They will become soft and fresh.
Enjoy cooking the way Grandma did - straight from the heart!