Breast cancer is a serious condition that occurs by the development of malignant tumor in breast cells. Malignant tumor is basically a group of cancer cells that grows explicitly into the surrounding tissues. Women are more prone to this disease, but men can get them too. It`s hard to detect breast cancer in initial stage, but you should undergo some common tests suggested by your doctor if you have any indication. This could help you in preventing and identifying the occurrence of tumor.
Signs and Symptoms:
Breast cancer presents no symptoms initially but at later stages, you can note one or more of the following signs:
- One of the significant symptoms of breast cancer is the appearance of a lump in the breast or underarm that appears soon after your menses. These lumps are painless in most of the cases, but some may feel a prickly sensation.
- Pain or tenderness in breast is also an indication of breast cancer.
- Thickening or swelling in the armpit.
- Any visible change in the size, shape, and texture of the breast indicate a tumor. Appearance of reddish breast surface is a major sign of advance cancer.
- Any visible change in nipple such as scaling, ulceration, dimpled look, etc. are all indications of breast cancer.
- Regular discharge from the nipple is an indication of cancer.
These symptoms do not necessarily appear in every individual suffering from breast cancer but yes these are more common signs out of many. If you have any of them, you should visit your doctor today and take his or her suggestions for further diagnosis.