Try to keep unpleasant smells away from the house at least in those areas you use the most. Insist on smelly shoes being removed before entering the house. Especially so in the rainy season. It is always better to keep some rubber slippers handy for people to use inside the house - even guests.
- Issue a blanket ban on smoking. After all the health warnings we receive every day, it is only fair to protect yourself from the evil effects of smoking.
- Keep all the toilets clean and see to it that the toilet doors in the house are kept closed at all times.
- Any garbage should be taken out regularly and the bin kept clean and washed.
- Use products with sweet smells when cleaning. Sprinkling the carpets with talcum powder before vacuuming emanates a pleasant smell. The water used for cleaning the floors can be doused with a little essential oil.
- If you are good at making your own cleaning products, add perfumes that you like to the detergents.
- Aromatic candles in every room do make a significant difference to the air. Incense sticks too can be used with similar results.
- Did you know that pieces of your favourite soap can keep your clothes cupboard smelling real nice? You can also add a drop of essential oil to your daily laundry.
- Keep as many windows in the house open during the day. If you have a good well-kept garden, the sweet smell of flowers and shrubs will waft in. A vase filled with sweet smelling flowers will make a difference to any room.
- And finally, cook yummy smelling things in the house. The smell of home cooking will waft through the house the whole day (especially with our unique masalas) and surely will make a difference to your home - make it more welcoming and warmer than it already is!