You may be a very busy IT professional, but this is one area of your home that you have to pay special attention to.
A bathroom remains one of the most neglected rooms in a home! And yet, we all start our day with this room! A well-designed bathroom doesn`t have to burn a hole in your pocket! Make it a haven on a budget. Don`t forget, this is a room, which should be peace-giving and peaceful. Most bathrooms have a potential for style with a bit of revamping and moving, even if you aren`t looking for anything too radical. You can even have an old style, modest bathroom made-over to look young at heart.
- The first thing to remember is " No clutter!". Keep it simple and clean. Tiles are the best choice. The paler in tint, the better. You can never be absolutely sure whether the dark coloured tiles are spotlessly clean.
- Ensure the bathroom is always sweet smelling. Spray air fresheners and tuck away room freshener or a pouch of pot pourri.
- Bathrooms should be bright and well ventilated. The musts: an exhaust fan, an airy window and bright lights.
- Make it colour co-ordinated. If your tiles are a pale flesh tint, team it with pink shower curtains, bath mats, towels etc. Wicker baskets with pink flowers can be hung on hooks for added effect. But don`t go overboard. Remember, subtle is the word!
- No music systems or cassette players please! These can be dangerous in the bathroom.
- Ensure ample soft towels. Both for bath and hand. Have a neat laundry basket tucked away in a corner. That will take care of a messy husband and kids!
- Make sure, all that you need in the bathroom, is there: hair dryer, shampoo, soaps, towels, toiletries etc. Tuck them into a neat wall cabinet. Add a mirror or two, put up framed prints of birds or flowers to brighten the walls.
All of the above requires only imagination not money! So go ahead, liven up your bathroom today! It may take a few hours, but it`s well worth the effort.