Bedroom is one place where you come to rest, rebalance, and rejuvenate your senses. For that you need a place that evokes a sense of comfort, lets you dream and stay in bed a little longer. A staid old master bedroom can be functional, but it does not evoke that deep sense of comfort.
Add a touch of old romanticism to your bedroom with these tips and get comfortable all over again.
- To bring out a sense of romance in the room, paint it is a soft rose or lavender shade. They are comforting colours and soothe the senses.
- You can put a panel of wallpaper in interesting floral print or stripes in the same hue as that of the paint for added old world charm.
- If your room has dark furniture, redo the paint in softer, lighter hues. Try shades like sandy beige, pale green, powder blue etc.
- Instead of wrought iron beds, go for wooden beds with raised headboard.
- If you don`t have bedside tables, then get one made from a local carpenter. Simple shapes look good. Instead of square shape, get tables with curved or rounded tops
- Take old rattan garden furniture (a chair and a small table) and paint them in the same shade or a hue darker as the ones of your bed.
- Arrange in a corner with a tall wrought iron lamp as the reading or relaxing corner. Put a lampshade in the same colour as the wall or in a floral print.
- Change the handles of your drawers and cupboards - painted in the same hues as your bed - to glass or ceramic handles.
- Use layers of pillows in different sizes to add to the romance. Pick soft recron filled ones. Also get a thin mattress made with recron filler to layer your coir mattresses for extra comfort.
- Colour co-ordinate your bedclothes, cushion covers and curtains in soft and dark rose or lavender, along with floral prints.
- Layer your windows with a gauzy white curtain and thicker brighter coloured curtain for the ultimate romantic feel.