Stains are hard to remove. No matter where you are or how careful you are-whether you`re at office, home, restaurants, your dresses find a way to get dirty. Some stains are so tough that even the best detergents don`t work on them. It`s really hard to remove stains such as grass-spots on jeans, ink spots on shirts, wine spots on table covers, etc. Kids usually get their clothes dirty while playing in the garden, filling color in their drawings, etc. Most of you might have been tired trying different ways to get rid of stains from your clothes, but all efforts have proven useless. Some ways to remove tough stains from your clothes are outlined below.
Greasy stains are really hard to remove. Stains of greasy substances such as those of cooking oil, butter, lubricants, and other such substances often make your clothes look dirty. To remove these types of stains from washable clothes, apply dry detergent directly on them and leave it for about half an hour. Then wash them in a good detergent. You`ll see a yellow spot on your clothes where you have applied dry detergent. To remove that stain you can treat it with bleach.
For removing greasy stains from non-washable clothes, an absorbent substance can be used such as corn meal, French chalk, or fuller`s earth. Sponge the stained area and apply this substance on that. As absorbent substance pick the greasy spots, brush it off when it becomes dry.
Coffee or other beverage stains:
Ink and other stains:
- If your dress has been stained by coffee or tea, immediately wash it off with water. Now soak the cloth in glycerin over night. Wash it off the next morning with a good detergent.
- Beer stains can be removed by washing the cloth with warm water and vinegar.
- Stains of cold drinks can be removed easily. Blot the stain and apply vinegar to it, left it there for few hours and then wash it off with warm water.
- Ink spots can be removed with a nail paint remover.
- Blood stains can be removed by keeping the stained portion in cold water with salt in it for few hours and then washing it off with a good detergent.
- If any of your cloth has a rust stain, remove it by rubbing a lemon over the stained area. Now put the cloth in sun for few hours and then wash it off.