When you don`t have your own home or your job location transfers frequently, choosing a house on rent can be a big, crucial and mind-altering decision. If you are very novice to the location, probabilities of getting confused increase many-fold. Things get worsen when you did not get the good broker who can help you in suggesting the right place for you according to your needs rather than misguiding you for his own benefits. Newspapers, online classifieds, store bulletin boards, real estate agents are some means to search house on rent. Now a days online mode is becoming popular; there are many sites like magicbrick.com, rental.com, rentnice.com, toletservice.com, indiaproperty.com, bharatrental.com etc. that accumulate the data of to let properties to make the task of the searcher much easy. However, choosing a location to rent can sometimes require a bit of thought. You always desire to live in an area that will make your life more convenient and for this purpose you have to keep several things in your mind like: location of the property; amenities, area of the house etc. Keeping all these things in mind here are some tips that are very helpful when you plan to shift in a new rented house:
- After consulting with a broker or finding a suitable location by the mean of newspaper or online mode, don`t take the final decision immediately. Discuss the place with your friends, co - workers who are already familiar with the location and can suggest you of any potential problem areas.
- Make sure that the location you have choosed is not much far from your job destination, otherwise you will waste your time, money and fuel in commuting between your workplace and your home. Apart from this, to and from journey will also make you tired and you will find yourself helpless in doing another task.
- If you don`t find the house nearby your work area and at the same time you don`t have any personal vehicle to transport, it is advisable to find out whether public transport is available or not at the place where you are planning to take a house on rent.
- If you are father or mother of schoolgoing children then look for the house which is not quite far from school; also find out whether school buses travel to the neighbourhood or will you have to drive your children to school daily which is again very time consuming.
- Also look for amenities like parking, nearby groccery shop, medical store, hospital or personal clinic.
- Check the area of the house whether it is spacious or not. Questions like how many children do you have? Do you have grandparent living with you? Do you need a room for extra storage? can help you in deciding how much area you need. Beside this rooms must be airy so look for the ventilation. Look for the build in wardrobes to keep your luggage systematically. Check the size of kitchen, number of bathrooms etc.
- If you are transferred in a city where crimes are common then look for the security feature of your locality and house you are going to live in like security guard and fence around the house.
- Ask your landlord about the notice period that you are supposed to give before moving out and what is the fee if you need to end the lease early.
- Your budget is also one of the considerations for looking a place. The house that you are willing to live in must be affordable to you.