Heart problems or heart diseases encompass a group of cardiac complications. The term `heart problems` is actually a hypernym, covering a number of diseases that affect the normal functioning of heart. In most cases, cardiac problems eventually lead to death in the United States of America and the United Kingdom.
Given below are the commonest types of cardiac diseases:
– Cardiovascular disease refers to any of the heart problems that tells upon the heart itself. The blood vessel system may or may not be affected, depending on the nature of the disease.
Extensive researches have revealed that women are generally prone to attacks on blood vessels whereas men generally suffer from heart muscle-related problems. Probable causes of Cardiovascular disease include hypertension, diabetes mellitus, hypercholesterolemia and hyperhomocysteinemia. A balanced diet chart constituting of vegetarian food can bring down the chance of Cardiovascular disease.
- Cardiomyopathy – Cardiomyopathy stands for myocardium malfunctioning. It is typically a heart muscle problem that often causes death due to cardiac failure.
- Congenital heart disease – As the name suggests, this form of heart problems persist right from the time of birth due to genetic inheritence.
- Heart failure – Heart failure refers to more of a disorderly condition than a form of heart disease. The heart becomes fully or partially damaged and fails to pump the required amount of blood around the body.
- Coronary heart disease – This disease results in from the precipitation of atheromatous plaques inside the walls of the arteries. Heart attacks and angina pectoris are caused by the coronary heart disease.
- Valvular heart disease – It is one of the hazardous heart problems, in which either of the left or right pair of valves get impaired.
- Hypertensive heart disease – Heart disease caused by high blood pressure is termed as hypertensive heart disease.
- Inflammatory heart disease – Inflammatory heart disease refers to the swelling of heart muscles and the encircling tissues.