Breakup- the word itself is so ugly that no one wants to hear, but it`s a reality and one should accept this bitter truth. Getting over your first love is really difficult as your partner becomes your world and its hard to forget everything you did together. Breakups can be so amicable, no matter what, that no one wants to get through them. Breakup is harsher than anything, and it sometimes cost your entire life. Despite all that you have to forget your partner and accept the truth that s/he will never come back to you. It`s better for you to accept this as soon as possible to overcome the pain and live your life happily.
Some valuable tips to forget or to get over your first breakup are:
- The first thing you must do is realize that it`s over and accept the fact that you are no longer together. You have to live your life without him/her as s/he will never return.This could be difficult as you`re much dependent on your ex, but you have to understand that s/he does not care for you anymore.
- It will not go away with a blow; you may take time and by time it does not mean a month but sometimes several years. Those beautiful emotions and memories will not get washed within few days, take your own time to get over that and believe that there is something good to come into your life.
- Breakup does not mean the end of your love life. It`s just that you have someone more special to meet soon. Thus, don`t lose hope and never put a pause to your life. We all have lost something or the other from our early childhood till now but had our life stopped for anything, no. This time you have lost the something bigger than before and it may be your biggest loss but time will help you recovering that and sooner or later, you`ll get your true love.
- The best way to forget your ex is to cut off all your communications with him/her. Remove him/her from your contact details, whether it`s in your phone, e-mail, IM, social-networking site, etc. Dump all stuffs given by your ex to you as if they remain in front of you, it would become hard to forget the related memories. Don`t see his/her pictures or any other thing, as it would only lead to complications.
- You loved your ex wholeheartedly and if s/he is unable to recognize your true love, loss was theirs. Don`t blame yourself for anything and don`t feel ashamed for getting cheated or bluffed as your feelings and efforts were genuine. Respect your feelings and let someone go who don`t know how to care for true love. It`s better to be single than to be humiliated by someone whom you love immensely.
- After sometime when you learn to stay alone, try to figure out what went wrong and why both of you were unable to stay together. As you must have made some mistakes, try to learn from the past.
- Avoid meeting your ex and try to avoid a direct communication for sometime. Take time to recover from the loss and if needed, keep a formal hi-hello with him/her.
- Engage in activities that you`re interested in and focus on your goals. There is much more to do than weeping or crying for a person who does not bother about you, so move on.