So, you are planning to go abroad for further studies? Getting set to study overseas and all excited too, with destination UK on the horizon? Did your jaw drop at the exorbitant fees cited by UK Universities?
You have nothing to fear.
The British Government offers several scholarships to encourage Indian students to study there. So if you are looking to get a scholarship to study in the UK, and need help, we bring you the scoop.
Things to Remember
- Your fee structure will be almost double that of a British national, studying the same course.
- Applications for grants should be made at least one year prior to the commencement of the course.
- A full scholarship is rare & difficult to get.
- Partial grants are more readily available.
- They are invariably on a first come first serve basis
- Make sure at least half the fees amount is with you / your parents.
British Chevening Scholarships
- Offer over 120 scholarship awards annually for Indian nationals
- They offer a grant for a one year Masters programme or a short term professional course.
- A University Degree is a must
- They cover full tuition fees up to GBP 12000
- They also offer an additional stipend to cover cost of living for the period of scholarship / duration of the course.
Charles Wallace India Trust
Offers scholarships in the following disciplines:
- Visual arts
- Performing Arts
- Architectural Conservation
- Material Conservation
- Museum Studies
- English studies
The programmes range from short term visiting fellowships to post graduate academic courses.
Commonwealth Scholarship / Fellowships Plan UK
- Offer over 55 scholarships
- Up to 70 academic staff Fellowships are earmarked for Indians every year
- These can be for a 1 year Masters, a 3 years Doctoral or 1 year clinical training awards in specific subjects
- A University Degree is a must for these scholarships
- These scholarships are only for Post Graduate studies.
- You will be selected via a process of short listing
- After you are short listed there will be a personal interview ( in New Delhi)
- The Scholarship will be awarded only after the interview.
- For further information, contact the British Council Office in your city or
log on to britishcouncil.org.in/scholarships