Yoga is a great way to remain fit. It helps to tone up your muscles, remove stress, and remain in shape. Most of the people believe that yoga cannot help in reducing your extra kilos but some aashans of yoga certainly help to shed of extra fat. Yoga is more than a weight reduction program which helps to remain fit and healthy. Other than that, if yoga is practised on a daily basis, does not allow excess fat to accumulate on various body parts. Yoga is a great form of exercise which anyone can do. It does not restrict any age group to perform it.
One can become fatty due to bad lifestyle, eating habits, and being away from any physical activity. The various aasan of yoga which can help in reducing extra kilos are:
1) Ashtanga: There is no doubt that asthanga helps in improving muscle gain and its certain poses can help you reduce weight. This is basically achieved due to increased muscle mass. The various asthangs poses used to reduce fat are:
Warrior one or Virabhadrasana: It is basically done to improve muscle mass. To perform this aasan you need to bend down in a dog pose. Then after taking some deep breaths, stretch your right foot towards your hands, in a lunge position. Now lift your hands up in the air and stretch them as much s you can. You must see that the toes of your right foot are positioned straight and your right knee is bent at 90 degree angle. Continue to remain in that position for around 20 to 30 seconds. This is a great exercise which can be easily practised at home and reduce your extra weight. It basically strengthens your lower body.
High Plank: High plank is done to strengthen your upper body. Bend down on an exercise mat with your hands and legs. Then lift your knees off the mat in such a way that your hands and feet only remain on mat. Now extend your feet back so that you form a straight diagonal line from your hands to your feet. Rotate your weight, so that your shoulders are positioned directly above your hands. Continue this position for around 20 to 30 seconds.
Asthanga aasan are a great way to reduce your weight and look slim.
2) Bikram Yoga or Hot yoga: It is practised in a closed room that has raised warmth of around 40% than normal room temperature. It removes extra water from your body which in turn help in reducing weight.
3) Power Yoga: It is another great yoga aasan that help to remove your extra kilos. It is becoming quite popular these days due to its significant results. It involves heavy cardiovascular exercise that helps to attain a good figure.
4) Paschimottanasana: In this asana the posterior portion of the whole body from head to heels is fully stretched. It helps in reducing excess weight around your belly. To perform this aasana sit straight on an exercise mat. Stretch your legs straight and touch your feet toes with your hands.
5) Uttanasana: Stand straight and bent your back towards your knees in a way that your chest touches your knees. Hold your body in that position with your hands encircled around your knees. A great exercise which increases your flexibility and reduce extra weight.
6) Ardhakapotasana: Bend the back leg and place the hand over the toes or foot to help lever the lower leg down. Push down on the foot to stretch the Quadriceps. It reduces the fat around hips.
7) Trikonasana: Stand erectly joining the toes, and hands on either side of the body. Vision should be forward. Inhaling, spread the right leg to the right side and simultaneously spread the hands to both sides, along the height of the shoulders. As you exhale, bend towards the right and hold the big toe of right leg by three fingers of the right hand. Helps in reducing intestinal fat.
8) Ardhasarvangasana: Lie on your back and lift your legs up in the air. Put your hands on your lower back to provide support to your elbows. Weight your body on your shoulders and breathe deeply. Hold this position for at least 5-10 minutes for effective results.
Yoga can help you reduce your fat and prevent this fat from coming back. Other than that it helps you achieve a happy lifestyle. These aasanas when perfectly performed on a regular basis are more effective in curing various health issues that one experiences over time. Increase in weight also welcomes numerous diseases that becomes threatening to healthy life. You can go to a health club to practice yoga or you can do it in your home. To practice yoga at home you can buy CD’s, DVD’s, or search on the Internet.