"I`m just grabbing a quick bite and then I`m off!" This is what one often hears in the new-age work places that houses hundreds of young professionals who hardly have time to eat a proper meal.
Here`s a quick look at what men may be doing wrong, without even being aware. In this jet age, there are no rules. If the men are fighting a battle of the bulge, maybe the women in their lives can take charge. But, before doing so, it`s important to understand men and their eating habits.
- Men make terrible eating choices. They are always in a hurry, and fast foods become a natural choice. They are more particular about their brand of cigarette, beer or whisky, than say, the nutritional value or freshness of food.
- No time for breakfast, is another way of saying, "I`m running late, and getting there is more important than breakfast!" Gulps of coffee punctuated with puffs of cigarette smoke, normally constitutes breakfast.
- Meetings, discussions, deadlines: net result is innumerable cups of coffee, lots of cigarettes, adrenaline shooting through the system, short fuses and higher blood pressure! And of course, they sometimes forget to eat! Then it`s the "I`m ravenous!" and eat-what-you-see syndrome.
- A man`s idea of Heaven: A good game of cricket, or football on TV! Potato crisps, fried foods, chilled beer and a boys- will- be- boys night of fun.
- Eating late is a particularly masculine trait! At a party, the men love to drink, and eat as late as possible. In their opinion it spells a great party!
- Men seldom have the patience to shop for food. Even if some do, rest assured, they will return with the ready to eat, canned varieties. Ever seen guys pick the ripest fruit or the crunchiest lettuce?
- "I`m so busy, there`s no time to exercise." Sounds familiar?
Write down the wrongs, and you can certainly right the wrongs! You live only once. Make sure it`s healthy living. Make your husband aware of what he is doing wrong. After all, you are responsible for your family`s health!