Well meaning friends fix up spa treatments, visits to the salon, consultations with wedding planners, complete health check ups and so on. But these are all what all advisors come up with. Have you ever considered a totally holistic approach which is not just about weight loss and looking good superficially with make up etc? High time you do! As a bride, your focus should be entirely on staying healthy purely by making informed smart choices and by adopting good habits which will automatically give you good health and glow.
- Be wary of what you eat. It is when the celebrations begin that you tend to throw caution to the winds and eat rich food, washing it down with liberal swigs of sodas. Watch it! Drink plenty of water instead and keep track of your nutrition.
- Never miss out on your walk. Not only will it relieve stress, it will help you burn some calories and also clear your mind.
- Practice sitting and walking straight consciously. This way your back is strong and your posture great for the important day.
- Another sure way of getting rid of stress is to eat a piece of chocolate when you are tense. Not only is it good for your BP, it releases a feel-good hormone that will lighten your mood.
- Treat yourself to regular massage - particularly head massage which will not only give you a head full of beautiful hair but will relax you totally.
- Stop staying up late with friends even if it is for planning the wedding. Nothing like late nights to make those dark circles appear! Added to which you may also gain weight and become moody. You need your 8 hours of beauty sleep!
- Avoid drinking coffee and tea. Remember, caffeine only sucks up your energy and yes! As Grandma always said, it is bad for your skin and complexion! Drink cooling fluids like buttermilk and of course, plenty of water. Include fresh fruits and veggies in your daily diet for energy.
- Has your doctor prescribed a multivite pill? You will definitely need a supplement to overcome all the strain and stress.
More practical advice
- Stop lying down and dreaming at every given opportunity. Instead trot off to the gym or simply take a walk - it`s more practical!
- Fix up a consultation with your GP or gynaecologist and have a complete check up done. This way any signs of ill health can be detected and treated early especially if you are planning a family. Should your wedding date coincide with your menstrual cycle, you may take preventive steps with your doctor`s guidance.
- Nothing like good old yoga to tone up and distress you. Practice yoga at least 3 times a week.
- Never practice drastic measures to lose weight. Plan your weight loss program well ahead so that it is gradual and is for keeps. No short cut methods of starving!
- If you are conscious of your excess weight, the very fact that your wedding date is drawing close will be an incentive to lose that flab. Only go about it in a sensible and healthy manner.
- Plan your honeymoon ahead so that you can arrange for your visa and various health check ups and immunizations.
- Try to have a hobby that can take your mind off the wedding hassles.
- Be careful about catching a virus or a cold. Avoid crowded places and plan a good diet with plenty of anti oxidants.
- If you feel too anxious and tense about the wedding, in extreme cases, a psychologist or psychiatrist may be able to help you get over the wedding blues.
- Finally, nothing like a bright, positive attitude to see you through this most important day of your life. Be happy and keep others happy with your glowing good health, sunny outlook and happy smiling face! Just go out there and have fun! After all, it is your day!