We go to the gym to exercise, but we must remember that it is not our exclusive private space. Other people too come to the place to exercise and not to just let their hair down. So how can we make this a pleasant experience for ourselves and for others?
- If you are the kind of person who sweats a great deal, it is better to wear something that will absorb your sweat. The sport bra is definitely not for you then. Remember, the more exposed you are, the more sweat the equipment is covered with. And no one wants to get on to that equipment after you!
- Why not try laying a towel on the equipment (where you can) so that your body sweat doesn`t stain it?
- Remember that you have to wash these clothes every day, just like you do your regular clothes! If your gym is a small area, you may be adding to the `smell` of the area and people are only too polite not to tell you about it.
- If you want to smell fresh, do spray a little bit of cologne or perfume, but don`t overdo it because combined with the smell of sweat in the area, it could prove a disastrous combination!
- Don`t wear make up to the gym because along with the body, the skin needs to breathe and sweat it out. Don`t clog it all in with make up!
- After using equipment, wipe down the equipment with a spray, if it is available. Remember, everyone is as finicky as you are!
- If you are waiting for equipment, don`t stand and stare or pace like a lion in a cage!
- Don`t have long conversations on the cell while others are exercising. They have come here to be with themselves and their thoughts and bodies. They don`t need to hear the private conversation of other people.
- In fact, don`t bring your phone into the gym arena at all. With modern mobile phones fitted with cameras, nobody likes the idea of being caught in an unattractive posture with skimpy clothes on! People are wondering what you are using the mobile for!
- Once you are onto a machine, don`t hog it; Don`t use a machine as a resting place. There are other places to sit.
Don`t toss aside these rules or scorn at them. The gym too is a segment of society ĘC a society of people who love to keep their bodies in shape. It can never be a personal space, unless you have your gym in the comfort of your home!