Quality education and Australia today go hand in hand. An increasing number of students see Australia as an excellent study destination. If you are thinking of studying in Australia, there are some things about Visa regulations that you really should know!
- Anyone intending to take up a course for over 3 months, requires a student Visa
- The student Visa fee is approximately Rs. 15800 ( AUD 430)
- The Visa fee is non-refundable
Take a closer view of essential Visa requirements:
- A valid Passport
- Offer of Acceptance from the University. This should be a valid letter of offer from a CIRCOS registered Australian institute.
- Financial Support the student should be able to prove that he can support his living / tuition expenses while studying in Australia
- English Language Proficiency students need a valid IELTS score which is less than two years old. The acceptable range of IELTS score is between 5.5 to 6, depending on the course selected.
- Remember TOEFL results are not accepted.
- All past academic records need to be submitted
- The student will need a medical certificate, to prove he is fit to study in Australia. This will be issued by a doctor appointed by the Australian High Commission
- Students are required to pay the first semester tuition fees after getting the Pre-Visa Approval ( PVA )
- It may take up to 12 weeks to process the Visa, so allow for the adequate time, prior to departure
- The Visa application, duly completed should be submitted to the Australian High Commission / agent
- Once you have paid the fees, the Australian education institution issues an electronic COE ( confirmation of enrolment) which is sent directly to the Australian Visa Office.
- Only after the receipt of the COE is the student eligible to submit his passport to the Visa Office for the issue of a student Visa.
- Living expenses for a student can be close to AUD 1000 per month.
- Your accounts should also show enough funds for added travel expenses
- Blood relations can be accepted as sponsors eg. father / mother / brother / sister
- Savings bank, Provident Funds, Post Office deposits and fixed deposits can be shown in terms of financial support.