Food poisoning is common among people of all the age groups and the main reason behind this disease is the dysfunctions in the digestive systems of human bodies as a consequence from the toxins in food items. There are several symptoms of food poisoning. The toxins are actually the poisonous elements present in the food items that we all intake time to time. These toxins are responsible for the contamination of the food items. These elements make the food items hard to digest for the people.
Food poisoning may bring about permanent harms to the digestive system in the patients. That is why for the proper diagnosis of food poisoning the symptoms must be clearly known to all and sundry.
The most immediate among all the symptoms of food poisoning there is indigestion. This is the primary reaction of all types of food poisoning that take place in the human bodies. Indigestion is actually the outcome of the dysfunctions in the digestive system and this is mainly because of the presence of the toxic elements in the food items. These toxins may be present in all kinds of foods that we regularly take in. Causes of the presence of these toxins may be various. Among them the mentionable one at the very outset is improper handling of the food items. Unhygienic cooking may also cause food poisoning.
Among the general symptoms of food poisoning the mentionable ones are:
- Nausea, which is actually the vomiting tendency that is very common among all the patients of food poisoning. This is the physical sensation that is mainly caused by the acute dysfunctions in the digestive system. The indigestible food elements always try to come out of the body and as the excretion during this time is very irregular, vomiting becomes the way to clear the stomach of the indigestible elements.
- A severe abdominal pain is also common among the patients of food poisoning. This is also caused by the dysfunctions of the digestive system. The main cause of this type of dysfunction is the presence of toxins in the taken food. The intestines cannot work properly in this case and causes this abdominal pain.
- Diarrhea is also one of the immediate symptoms of food poisoning. This is because of the fact that excretion of the indigestible elements from the body becomes the utmost necessary thing at the time of food poisoning. So, the rate of excreting the feces gets higher as a consequence of this.
- Foodborne illness is also known to be bring about the side effects like arthritis. This is typified as reactive arthritis according to the medical science.
- Among the other general symptoms of food poisoning the most important one is the fact that people may suffer from sudden fever. High temperature in their bodies may be noticed. But the general medicines used for fever do not work on this case and that is why diagnosis of food poisoning in the proper way is very much necessary from this point of view.
- There are also instances among the patients to have the symptoms of asthma in some of the cases. This breathing problem comes along with many allergic rashes on the skin of the patients.
There are also some of the food poisoning that are caused by the presence of toxins in the fish and meat items and in this case the name of Tetrodotoxin is very important. Numbness among the patients can be one of the main outcomes because of the presence of this toxic elements.