Well, there are ways and there are ways to watch those calories - but here are some simple ideas which actually double up as terrific ways to stay low on those meanie calories! Eggie Business
When a recipe calls for eggs use the egg whites instead.
· Use 2 egg whites in the place of one egg.
· Making an omelette? Use 1 whole egg and 1 egg white.
· All the fat is in the yolk so throw it away!
· Use applesauce instead of oil for cake mixes.
· Use the same amount of applesauce as oil, as indicated in the recipe. Also add 1 teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract.
· Use Chicken Broth in mashed potatoes, instead of Butter.
· Steam vegetables with Chicken Broth.
· Use Chicken Broth in stuffings instead of Butter.