This is a delicious accompanying sauce for many Western dishes. You can substitute it for tomato puree in all recipes. Rich in Vitamin A, C and K and chromium, it is great for the complexion too.
· 4 chopped tomatoes
· 1 chopped onion
· 2 cloves crushed garlic (optional)
· ½ teaspoon chilli powder
· 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
· 2 teaspoons oil
· Salt to taste
1. Heat the oil and fry the onions and garlic.
2. Add the tomatoes and cook until soft.
3. Blend in a liquidizer.
4. Add the chilli powder, sugar and salt and boil for 2 to 3 minutes.