Almost all Indian festivals and festivities are associated with food!
And everything (in most Indian homes) at festive times, centres around the dining table!
So how can you make your dining table look festive, in keeping with the season?
Here are some festive ideas to brighten the dining table
And they arent that expensive either
Dress the table in bright colours.
- Or you can get innovative and use a silk saree on the dining table, to add a festive touch
- How about a Bandhini dupatta in red, buttercup yellow or sunset orange, draped across the table?
- Decorating your dining table with candles of different sizes and different hues adds a magical touch!
Nothing looks better than diyas afloat in water, reflecting their light.
- Make this the centerpiece.
- Throw in a few flowers for that extra touch!
- Get creative with serving dishes.
- Use items with a festive theme such as cane baskets for the rotis, new terra-cotta pot for the yogurt, or line the serving dish with a plantain leaf
- Arrange the cutlery on a freshly washed emerald green leaf.
Indian festivals are incomplete without sweets!
- So decorate your table with an array of colourful sweets and make this the focal point.
- Use your imagination to create a table display with the festive sweets!
- This can also substitute as the dessert trolley, as your guests pick what they like!
Enjoy creating table displays that capture the festive spirit and add to the beauty of your table and home!