Making wine at home is a pretty easy process. It is commonly presumed that that it is a difficult exotic process. But nothing could be further from the truth.
Making wine is a very absorbing hobby to have. You can use different kinds of fruit. And you can keep getting more innovative and adventurous in your future recipes.
Here`s a recipe to keep your spirits up!
- Grapes - 1 kg (black or green). With a bit of experience you can use other fruits too.
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Yeast - 1 small packet
- Water - 4.5 litres
- Colander or a huge strainer
- A large container to make your wine in.
- Crush the fruits or blend them together.
- Pour the pulp into the container.
- From the water set aside, take a cup of water and heat it.
- Dissolve your sugar in the hot water. Stir well.
- Warm two more cups of water and dissolve the yeast in it. Yeast tends to froth a bit - so don`t get it alarmed.
- Wait for your sugar water to cool down.
- Add it to the fruit pulp.
- Make sure the yeast mixture has cooled.
- Add it to the sugared fruit pulp.
- Add the remaining water to the container.
- Cover the container well.
- Put it in a dark place where there is no sunlight. The back of a cool cupboard is an ideal place.
- Don`t touch it for the next two weeks.
- Strain the wine through the colander or filter.
- Pour your wine into fresh containers or bottles.
- Let it sit for a few weeks. Store it in a cool dark place.
Your wine is ready to drink! Entertain your guests with it!