Christmas is an occasion for many social get-togethers. Many people indulge themselves in charitable work during the Christmas season like collecting cash money for benevolent reasons or aiding a local community. Christmas is also an occasion for merrymaking and parties. A Christmas party is basically arranged by a school, a company, a church, or a family. Customarily, such social gatherings comprise songs, dances, competitions, and games.
Apparently, there is a big difference between a Christmas party for children and grown-ups. Mentioned below are some ideas for arranging different types of Christmas parties.
Christmas party for children
During Christmas, Children love sporting new outfits. So while arranging a Christmas party for children try to come up with Christmas theme like Xmas Candy world. This theme is all about cute kids dressed up as candies. You can also decorate your home with colorful electric lights and name the theme as Christmas light theme.
For table decorations, you can create a Tower of Gifts where you can place the candy in tiny boxes. Attach these boxes together in a number of elevated towers and this is sure to be a hit among children.
To keep the kids really busy in the Christmas party games and competitions are also great ideas:
- Gift wrap game - For this game you need to enclose 5-10 gifts in a number of layers of gift paper and place the children around a table. Pass on the gift to the children. One child will only be able to unwrap one layer of gift paper at a time while turning off the music is under your control. You can turn off the music after short gaps. When the music halts, the gift is passed on to the next child. In this manner the child who unwrap the last layer of gift paper while the music is still on wins the gift.
- Search for the Christmas star - Ask the kids to fold the Christmas stars. When they are done with the folding, ask them to get seated in a different room and hide the stars in the living area of your house. Leave it to the kids to find them.
- Find your sledge - Ask the children to get seated in the living room and blindfold one kid. Give the sleigh to another kid who will say: "Santa Santa, where is your sleigh? Someone has come and taken it away! Guess who? Guess who?" The blindfolded child guesses three names and if he guesses it right then the child who has the sledge is the next in the line to be blindfolded.
A Christmas party for Adults
For most adults, the guest list and Christmas food is the main concern while arranging a Christmas party. To add entertainment in the party scenes, singing of Christmas songs or participating in a Christmas quiz is great ideas.
There isn`t much difference between a Christmas party for kids and a Christmas party for adults. Adults also enjoy receiving gifts, so a gift game is an apparent choice for children of all age groups. Here are some ideas on how adults can amuse themselves at a Christmas party.
- Gift game - In the beginning all the gifts which everybody has bought from home is placed on the centre table and each guest rolls a dice one by one. As soon as the dice rolls to 6, the guest may select a gift from the table or can whip others` presents. This game quite entertaining and indulging.
- Guess a song - Purchase 2 - 3 Christmas music CDs or you can also download your preferred music from the Internet. In the party play only 5 seconds of every track and leave it to the guests to guess the exact title of the Christmas track which has been played.
- True or false - This is a fantastic game if many of the guests are not familiar with each other. Each guest narrates three stories and out of these three stories only one should be true. The storyteller can then ask the guests to decide which one is true and which one isn`t. It can be a great idea for narrating stories related to Christmas.
Game Ideas for a Family Christmas Party
Many familiar games can be twisted to give them an extra Christmas panache, such as musical chairs escorted with Christmas songs or Pin the Beard on the Santa. You can also transform the holiday affairs into a Christmas party game. For instance, you can interchange the eggs in an Easter egg chase along with candy sticks. Here are few other games ideas for a family Christmas get-together:
- Charades - For this game use only those phases or actions which are associated with Christmas.
- Name that hymn - Play a fragment of a Christmas carol and ask the guest to identify it. Whoever guesses it right wins the gam.
- Fruitcake eating contest - Fruitcakes are placed in the participating guest`s plate and whoever eats its fast wins.
- Pictionary - In this game it is advisable to use only Christmas topics and pictures.
Office Christmas Party Game Ideas
Mixing the eggnog with rum may not be the best alternative but the major challenge with an office Christmas party is breaking the ice among the colleagues. You can do so by arranging some party games. Keep in mind that the party arrangements are according to the size of the group. So select wisely.
For a larger crowd, you can divide the room into tables, and can pair up each table to finish a chore. A movie game or a Xmas trivia game will make the colleagues work together in each table. This way they will not only get to know each other but will also work together to come up with replies.
Awards could range from anything from bragging privileges to festive Christmas trees to a dinner table line up grading. You could also reward each participant with a consolation prize.
Zest up the gift exchange activity by purchasing sufficient presents for the guests. Number each guest and when their number is drawn, the selected person is free to uncover any of the gifts or can even select the present which someone else has claimed. If your gift is been selected then you will get another chance to select from the uncovered presents.
Render completion to your Christmas party by singing Christmas carols and participating in lively dances that will bestow the yuletide spirit to your Christmas party.