During Christmas the world shines with vibrant lights. Wherever you set your eyes you will find Christmas lights glittering and brightening every door step, window, and Christmas tree. The combination of red, green, and white shine of Christmas lights not only ignite the cold winter scenery, they also lighten up the festive spirit within all of us.
People are lighting their Christmas trees since 17th Century to assemble in its soothing glow. Earlier the families used to fix Christmas candles to the end of tree branches with the help of wax or pins.
Christmas cannot be imagined without vibrant, gleaming lights. Families gear up during December nights and drive around the city to witness the glow and sparkle of color dazzling through the trees and shimmering off the snow. Even city parks are stuffed with beautiful demonstrations of Christmas lights hanging on the trees. However, red, white and green are customary favorites but recently blue lights are fast becoming traditional for the supple, icy blue radiance they transmit.
Both indoor and outdoor Christmas lights provide a comforting and sound glow. If you want your lights to perform ballet, simply substitute a fixed bulb in your thread with the flashing one and if you want to spread a magical shine over your backyard then try colored LED lights which radiates almost like neon. Wherever you place the white LED lights they will spread an icy and delicate glow.
Hence, Christmas lights are a must for your Christmas decorations. So twine up those lights and let them radiate that ethereal glow.
Outdoor Christmas lights
Outdoor Christmas lights are an exceptional way to embellish your home and backyard. Creating your winter dreamland is now an easy task as these lights are available in many shades and styles.
- LED Christmas lights are popular lights during Christmas, not only because of the glow they emit but also because they save approximately 80% in electricity. It has a long life and an average LED lights extends to 50,000 hours. Another benefit of the LED lights is that in case if one bulb gets fused, the other will remain unaffected and will keep glowing. LED lights are available in an extensive range of colors and quality and lights up with an exclusive, vibrant glow.
- Mini Christmas lights are economical to buy. Xmas Mini lights are accessible in 50, 100, 150 and 200 light strings. The maximum suggested number of lights in a frequent attached string is 350 to 400 lights. Mini lights should be placed on deciduous trees and smaller bushes.
- Christmas Rope lights are miniature lights enveloped within a string of see-through plastic tubing. Steady ropes or chasing ropes are two varieties of Christmas Rope Lights. Steady rope are the lights which glows at a stable rate while chasing ropes are those Christmas lights that track each other along the string and twinkle in automated patterns. Rope lights are apt for decorating windows, doors and railings.
- Christmas Net lights are best suited for covering scrubs and trees. Just place the net over the scrubs and cover them with these lights. You can also wrap them around trees. Net lights are available in a size of 24 feet and constitute around 150 lights. Christmas Net lights can be used in those difficult to illuminate areas.
- Christmas Icicle lights are used to imitate the appearance of icicles hanging from the attic trenches. These lights are available in a series of 100 or 150 lights, generally in plain, white or blue bulbs. To reprise the fantasy of melting icicles, Icicle lights have a blinking potential.
- Christmas Spotlights are basically used to lighten up trees, garlands, embellishments, windows or doors. Spotlight bulbs are available in white, red, green and blue. If placed tactically spotlights offer a theatrical disparity against the night scenery.
Indoor Christmas Lights
Indoor Christmas lights not only attach vibrancy and radiance to the Christmas tree but also to windows, book shelves and any other place.
- Mini Lights are the most customary Christmas tree lights. They are cheap and are available in assorted colors. They can be either electric or can be battery operated. While shopping be sure that the mini lights are strictly for indoor use and for decorating the Christmas tree.
- LED Christmas lights which come in the shape of C7 lights are most preferred for indoor decorations. They are available in colors like chili peppers, candle flames, snowflakes, flowers, etc. They`re a cool and zingy substitute to mini lights. They have a discrete light that radiates the Christmas tree with a vibrant glow.
Nothing decorates a window like a Christmas rope light display. This indoor style of Christmas decoration has gained popularity over the years. Rope lights can be organized in discrete figures such as stockings, snowmen, candy canes, reindeer and even Santa.
In case if you have large windows, you can decorate it by developing a Christmas scene or with a design using Christmas rope light displays. Light it up with "Merry Christmas" embedded on it in lights. This way you can create a cheerful light display.
Outdoor Novelty Lights
Shaped bulbs are designed in different shapes so that it can alter the way the light appears. You can opt for shaped bulbs which are multi-shaped. The customary novelty bulbs are available in shapes of fruits and vegetables. The chili pepper lights are the most popular ones. The novelty Christmas lights comprise a huge number of festive themes such as:
- Christmas trees
- Pine cones
- Satin balls
- Starlight spheres
- Santa Claus
The most popular blinking light is the bubble light which can be twisted in all the same forms as that of a normal shaped bulb. Bubble lights have liquid filled in it and when lit up the liquid bubbles spread the light in different ways.
Usually made with LED Christmas lights, shaped strings of Christmas lights are often called rope light sculptures. Stars, snowflakes, candles, faces, animals or even words are most common forms. You can also but shaped sculptures from the market or can utilize rope lights to make your own light statuette.
Making your own light statuette
To create your personalized statuette you can fix some rope lights to a figure that you have created. To alter the appearance of your sculpture you can also decorate it with colorful lights.
Novel Christmas illumination is a unique and attractive activity to any Christmas display.
Novelty Christmas lights are interesting and trouble free for decorating your home and backyard during Christmas holidays.