Christmas dress does not always mean costumes from the Bible or the Santa Clause costume. There are different kinds of costumes to celebrate Christmas with. Apart from Santa Clause or rein deer costumes there are costumes of characters from Bible and other epics. One can try out Christmas dresses of fairies or angels.
Christmas is the best time to flaunt pretty dresses. It is the occasion to drape that beautiful dress and be the center of attention. It is during Christmas that party season is in its full swing. Parties and bashes add enthusiasm in the season of merriment and everyone wants to look their best. Even people organizing Christmas bashes do not lag behind dressing up for the big day.
It is advisable to select a Christmas dress that has a striking beautiful blend of best fashion, sophistication, style and the right color combination. Make sure it has an exclusive touch to it. Streets, parties, houses and shops are full of these vibrant Christmas dresses which illuminates like a prism.
Tips for Christmas Dressing
Irrespective of the age group all girls and women love to dress up especially during this festive season. They all want to look special on this day with that exclusive touch and elegance. Here are some ideal dress-up tips which you can implement to make yourself adorable this Christmas:
- Basic Black Dress: Basic black dresses are classy and look most gratifying when teamed up with right accessories. Go for elegant black dresses in satin, velvet, crepe or jersey with hemlines exceeding below the knees and you are all set to catch everyones attention.
- Earrings: Experiment with variety of drops, hoops and studs this season. Its better to keep your hair tied up to make your dazzling earrings more prominent and eye-catching.
- Embellished or Shining Top: Embellished, beaded or shining metallic-colored tops make an apt dress for this occasion. Lipstick, a pair of classic black trousers or a straight skirt looks good with matching pretty tops. Pull back your hair to look formal yet jovial.
- High Heels: Buy a pair of sandals with high heels. They are classy and go well with every outfit besides adding few extra inches to your height and providing good posture.
- Magical Dust: Powder any part of your body that you want to accentuate with sparkling powder dust in colors like pink, silver, gold or skin color tones and apply them on your back, neck, cheeks or arms.
- Party Handbag: Select a party handbag with subtle lines and details if you are attending any formal holiday party. These types of handbags easily go with all outfits. Opt for something short with shoulder strap or loop to hang around your wrist. But the most admired way is to carry the one in your hand.
- Shawls and Stoles: Embellished, velvet or bordered shawls and stoles can add zing to the simplest of outfits and can transform the basic dress into something unique and gorgeous. It is best to select a shawl or stole whose material matches your outfit.
- Velvet Jacket: Black or burgundy velvet jackets can make simplest of outfits look formal. Go for plain or embellished jackets.
Christmas Party Dress
Everyone wants to get dressed in the trendiest of outfit, wear the best shoes and sport right accessory to achieve that perfect look. However, it is not very easy to select that perfect Christmas dress for the party. While selecting always remember that the dress should not be very flamboyant and at the same time should not look too monotonous. To help you get out of this problem, read on for few ideas on dresses for the Christmas bash.
Formal Dresses for Christmas party
- Black dress never goes out of fashion and is like the essence of a Christmas party. It always looks beautiful on a woman and is also not very intricate to shop for.
- Shop for dresses available in pastel shades of pinks, lilacs, peaches and light browns. They are very much in this Christmas season
- Wear a gold satin halter-neck dress to catch everyones attention. Look like a diva in this year`s Christmas party by sporting one such dress.
- Floral printed Chiffon outfit or with Reiss pleats is apt for Christmas party.
- It is also opt to wear a beaded silk outfit this Christmas.
- Another option is knee-length black skirt, with an embellished cardigan.
Casual Dresses for Christmas party
- Pair up your trousers or jeans with striking white camisole if you are attending any informal Christmas party.
- Black jeans teamed with a velvet camisole works wonder.
- Sleeveless turtlenecks with knee-length capris are sure to turn many heads.
- Stylish tops in jewel shaded look goes well with jeans and high heels for any casual occasion.
- If you want to keep it subtle yet glamorous, dress simply and accentuate your look with an attractive piece of jewelry.
Girls are always much more careful than boys about what they wear. Even when wearing Christmas dresses, girls make it sure that they don`t look awkward in that costume. They love flaunting the fairy or angelic look. That is why markets are flooded with Christmas dresses of fairies and angels.
Attire of characters like Mary can be a nice Christmas costume for girls. Wings are frequently worn with the fairy`s dresses. Halo and the weird masks make the look complete.
Nowadays there are Christmas dresses for toddlers as well. It looks awkward if the pets in the family are not dressed in Christmas dresses. Santa-Clause dresses are the best for dogs. But, Elf attire can also make nice Christmas dress for dogs.