Fashion is the method and tradition widespread at a given duration. Fashion is also described as the trendy clothing style in its common usage. Many styles are widely-accepted in many traditions at any given duration. The most significant idea behind the changing trends is that the pattern of design and fashion will alter faster than the civilization as a whole. Fashion designers craft and fabricate clothing items.
The expressions "fashionable" and "unfashionable" were utilized to portray whether a person conducts himself in the popular style or something fits him which is in sync with the contemporary trend.
However, these days the outfits which fall under the "not so modern" category suits into the "Retro" fashion. This kind of fashion permits alterations in new modes and new styles which are suddenly termed as fashionable.
The word "fashion" is often used in an encouraging sense, as a synonym for charm, splendor and style. Fashion, is a common art, through which a society observes its ideas of beauty and integrity.
On the contrary, "fashion" is often used in a pessimistic sense, as a synonym for whims, trends and greed.
There are number of cities identified as global fashion capitals where designers showcase their clothing lines to the selective audiences. The top five fashion capitals are Tokyo, London, Paris, Milan and New York. These five cities are famous for their chief authority on global fashion and are center of operations for the greatest fashion firms.
Cities like Los Angeles, Berlin, Rome, Hong Kong, Moscow, Madrid, Toronto, Sao Paulo, Melbourne, Osaka, Seoul, Daegu and Singapore also organize extravagant fashion weeks.
Areas of fashion
Fashion as communal trend is widespread. The expansion and deterioration of fashion has been particularly recognized and observed in the following fields:
- Architecture, interior design, and landscape design
- Arts and crafts
- Body type, clothing or costume, cosmetics, individual grooming, hairstyle, and individual beautification
- Dance and music
- Types of address, jargon, and other forms of speech
- Economics and expenses choices
- Entertainment, games, pastimes, sports, etc
- Fast fashion
- Management, management styles and different ways of organizing
- Politics and media
- Social networks and the dissemination of depictions and customs
- Sociology and the connotation of garments for identity-building
- Technology - selection of computer programming techniques
- Hospitality industry, such as designer uniforms custom made for a hotel, restaurant, casino, resort or club, in order to reveal a property and brand.
Fashion in India
India has an affluent and diverse textile legacy, where each state of India has its personalized native attire and customary outfits. While customary clothes can be still seen in the rural areas, urban areas in India are shifting quickly to global fashion trends which are highly imitated by the young crowd in the multi-ethnic metros of India. Fashion in India is vivacious, an industry in its embryonic stage which has a bunch of glam designers and models all set to start new fads every day.
The East meets West fashion is highly appreciated by Indian youths. This blend of fashion is rampant on Indian streets and ramps of the stylish Indian cities. Indian fashion has also made its presence felt on the international scene. Accessories like bindis, mehendi and bangles, have achieved international recognition, after being sported by fashion divas like Gwen Stephani and Madonna.
With famous designers like Ritu Kumar, Ritu Beri, Rohit Bal, Rina Dhaka, Muzaffar Ali, Satya Paul, Abraham and Thakore, Tarun Tahiliani, JJ Valaya and Manish Malhotra fashion in India has transformed into a promising industry. International events like India Fashion Week and Indian beauty queens participating in global events have placed India on a global platform.
Customary costumes in India differ extensively depending on the climate and natural yarns cultivated in the state. From Phiran of Jammu and Kashmir to mundu, Kanjivaram, Mysore, Paithani, Pochampalli, Jamdani, Balucheri, Benarasi, Sambalpuri, Bandhini of south India, India has diverse range of traditional wear.
However, salwar kameez and the churidar kameez, are popular among urban Indian women and saree on formal events. Western garments such as shirts and pants are generally sported by men across India. Jeans, T-shirts, capris, bermudas and other kinds of casual outfits which are worn by the youngsters.
Simple Fashion Tips for Women
- Don`t think about "fashion" but think "style" which can be less frightening psychologically and more "wearable".
- Be a smart shopper. Before shopping ask yourself a few important questions concerning what fits you the most.
- Make an effort to dress properly even if you are home. This will help in altering your attitude towards even the most ordinary household tasks.
- Get rid of the unfitting dresses and the ones which are no more "in". Replace them with a chic wardrobe which makes you feel good and fits you the most.
- List down the traditional items that you have in your wardrobe. Shop for new clothes which will reflect your adaptability and never say die attitude.
- You can include well cut, standard pieces and a few low-priced fun, trendy costumes in your wardrobe that are in sync with the trend. Make sure you restore them every season.
- Remember your wardrobe is an investment so include the mandatory pieces than make-do types.
- Your wardrobe should have a collection for every season. A decent coat, a little black dress, a drape dress, well modified denims, a decent pair of black pants, cashemere cardigan and a stylish crisp white shirt. Renew these style statements every season pairing them with some superb accessories.
- Fantastic bag or a clutch and glam stilettos can alter any dress and your walk into a jiggle.
- Know your body type. If you are a pear, apple, brick, hour glass or inverted triangle, dress up accordingly.
- Know how to hide your flaws and utilize your assets. Learn how to camouflage big hips, stomachs or a larger bust and what not to wear if you are short or not too well-endowed.
The attires meant for women need lots of grounds work. Fashion sketches are created for visualizing how a garment will look when worn. Thus designers can bring their designs to life before they are sewn by adding color, texture, and pattern on sketches. The celebrity women have their personal fashion stylist. They perfectly assemble the right outfit for the right occasion. They select the right and mix and match with the accessories that best expresses the wearer`s personality and style. So, this aptly acts as a necessary point to the woman fashion tips.