There is no end to learning " and yoga with its inexhaustible source goes to prove that leaning of yoga can become a lifelong practice. With a yoga routine well in place, one can slowly but surely get rid of even the most complex medical problems that one may encounter in life. It is especially suited to modern life with its endless tensions and stress levels.
- Yoga helps people whose muscles get tense and stiff with long hours of sitting at a desk. For such people, yoga is a gentle stress reliever that involves movements that are not a strain on the already stiff body. This is because it invariably helps to exercise almost all the muscles in the body while at the same time, the movements are not strenuous like in aerobics. It does take time, but then it is also worth the wait as the treatment is complete.
- Yoga is known to increase concentration in highly distracted individuals. The deep breathing helps to supply more oxygen to the brain which relaxes and calms the mind, preventing the constant distraction and restlessness. The person begins to experience an inner calm and fortitude and the body gets energized and purified.
- Children learn very fast. And if the yoga teacher is good and understands child psychology, he will be able to make the class so much fun that kids get totally involved n the learning. Children are known to have flexible bodies. Yoga helps them to retain this even while teaching them self discipline. Tremendous improvements in concentration and coordination which is a shortcoming with most kids and teenagers, is also seen as a result of regular yoga sessions.
- Pregnant women are also known to benefit from the practice of yoga. Backache is a common complaint among pregnant women, as is depression. Yoga helps by improving the back and lifting the mind from its depressive state. Regular yoga, in fact, has known to make the delivery of the baby much easier and less painful. Meditation sessions which are an integral part of yoga, are especially beneficial as they calm and help the mind to focus and be centred during the period of pregnancy. Yoga being a gentle exercise, helps to keep the body fit without strain.
- Yoga is generally helpful in combating feelings of low self esteem and depression in any individual. It is said that yoga can even help to alter the brain chemistry. Certain yoga poses are known to stimulate the pituitary glands which in turn reduces stress levels.
Regular practice under a trained teacher can therefore prove highly beneficial in defusing tension and stress, even while improving dramatically the quality of life of the individual.