Exercise is the best way to keep yourself in good shape and to stay active. It is the secret of a healthy life and those obsessed with a toned body and a healthy lifestyle go to a gym everyday. EExercise plays a vital role for a healthy living, but a good diet is equally important. Those who go to the gym should know whether they are taking a healthy diet plan that provides them enough energy to replenish after the tough workouts. Gym goers should consider a healthy diet plan to suit their workouts and exhaustive exercise sessions. Diet that should be followed by those going to the gym is listed below:
Diet before the gym:
To have enough fuel to sustain your vigorous exercise sessions, you must eat properly before going to the gym. As you would lift heavy weights and do tough exercises during the workout, your body must be well stocked with required nutrition. Some diet tips that you must follow before the workout are:
- Your diet portion matters so eat small meals frequently instead of heavy meals throughout the day. As large meals take time for digestion, control your diet portion.
- Before going to the gym, eat high carbohydrate and low-fat food as it will breakdown directly to glucose providing instant energy during the workout session.
- Choose complex carbs over simple carbs.
- Your pre-workout meal should be a good combination of fruits, wholegrain bread, oatmeal, etc
- Hydrate your body well by drinking the required amount of water and other fluids.
- A protein- rich diet such as eggs would help to supply energy consistently throughout the workout.
- Don`t eat anything just before the workout, keep a required gap between your meal and workout session.
Diet during workout:
As you would take several hours to complete your strenuous workout, make sure that you hydrate your body well through energy drinks and water. During workouts, you need to charge your body with essential carbohydrate and electrolyte replacement. To maintain a healthy glucose, hydration, and electrolytes level consume energy drinks while on the run.
Diet after workout:
After a long workout session, your body requires a quick and effective refueling to restore fluid and electrolytes lost in sweat, repair the wear and tear caused to muscles and tissues during exercising, and to restore liver glycogen stores.
After a workout session take the below listed diet:
- Drink juices or energy drinks to replenish the fluid and electrolyte balance of your body that is lost through sweat while exercising.
- Eat a diet rich in carbohydrates and proteins and less fat for instant energy.
- Milk or shakes would help to take essential amino acids for adaptation process of the muscles.
- Eat a well-balanced diet at the end of the day for proper nutrition.