South Indian food is known for its taste and many of you can`t resist the urge. You might have tried Dosa- a famous south Indian dish at several places, but now you can enjoy this delicious recipe at home. Making plain dosa for the first time will take time, but once you serve it with hot sambhar and coconut chutney, your dear ones will give compliments on your culinary skills. To cook dosa follow the below described recipe:
- Rice- 3 cup
- Fenugreek seeds- 1 tbsp
- Gram lentil or urad dal- 1 cup
- Cooking oil
- Soak urad dal, rice, and fenugreek seeds separately for about 5-6 hours.
- Then grind dal until it forms a thick paste.
- Similarly, grind rice until it converts into fine grains.
- Mix both grind rice, dal, and fenugreek seeds together and add salt to it. Let the mixture covered for around 12 hours for fermentation.
- Now put the pan or tawa on the flame and let it heat. Spread some drops of water on it and wipe it off with a clean cloth.
- Spread certain part of the mixture on it, grease the tawa around the corners and cook the batter from opposite side as well.
- Now make a roll of the batter and your dosa is ready to serve. Make as many dosas as you want one by one.
Enjoy the exotic south Indian dish with your family and friends.