You will always love to pamper your kids or your hubby by making the most delicious pie. But you need to follow and take care about some things before you start making a tasty and delightful pie crust. For getting an idea of these small but important things just go through the following Pie Crust Tips:
Pie Crust Tips:
You can use a pastry blender for uniformly cutting in shortening for making the pastry flaky. Chilled shortening gives you a tenderer and flakier pie crust.
- Cool the dough for almost an hour before you start rolling so that you can stop it from getting stuck.
- If by any chance your hands feel warm cool off them with ice cubes and dry them completely before starting with the dough. Cooler dough will produce flakier crust.
- You need not grease your pan or pie plate.
- Your pastry can shrink on a nonstick pie pan.
- Try to use metal or glass pie plates while preparing pies. Dont use the polished metal pie pans as they prevent the pies from proper browning. Minimize the temperature of the oven by 25 degrees if you use a pie plate of glass.
- As the dough contracts in size from that of the pie pan, theres no need to stretch it for fitting it up to the edge.
- A flakier and tenderer pie crust results from less-handled dough.
- Use kitchen scissors for trimming the extra edge of pastry.
- Sprinkle equal amounts of flour and sugar before you add filling to the pie to prevent the pie crust from being damp.
- Brush the top pie crust with egg white that is beaten to making it glazy. You can also brush it with milk as it gives the pie crust a glossy look. If sugar is sprinkled on the top crust it will sparkle charmingly.
- You can cut various designs like leaves or apples out of the extra dough and glue them on the pastry to decorate it before baking it.
Our site sitagita gives you necessary info on Pie Crust Tips. For accessing more data on other Special Cooking Tips you can click on the other links on our site cookingtipsshub.com.