Pickles and jams are a favorite specially among the children and if your children are no exception, then just give them a surprise by preparing special pickles or jams for them on any day, whichever they prefer the most. It could be said here that there are many easy recipes associated with the making of easy pickles and jams, which you can try at home, instead of buying from the market.
The Tips For Pickles
or it could be said in other words that the tips associated with the making of pickles are:
The Tips for making Jams are:
Make sure of the fact that you use porcelain, chin jars or glass for pickles.
- Be sure of the fact that the lids are closed tightly.
- For the shaking of the pickle jar, you are required to follow a procedure, which includes the placing of the jar on a folded napkin, then you need to hold the neck of the jar with both hands and shake it in a pendulum motion using the base as a pivot.
- Do not use wet spoons or ladles and other kinds of objects to handle or to remove the pickle.
- Always make sure of the fact that you press back the remaining pickle with the help of a rubber spatula or spoon back so that the pickle gets fully submerged in the oil layer.
If you intend to prepare a small amount of jam, then you can make use of a saucepan.
- Make sure of the fact that the saucepan should be half full after the ingredients have been added, as you need to leave some space, when the jam boils.
- To be sure that your jam is set, remove the saucepan from the heat and then place a dollop of jam onto a saucer that is chilled.
- Place the saucer along with the jam in the refrigerator.
- Move your finger through it and if you are able to make a line and if it wrinkles a bit, then be sure that it has set, but if it is not set, then you can place the saucepan on the heat and continue with the cooking of mixture, test every five minutes.
- After it sets, remove the saucepan from the pan.
- Allow the jam to set for 20 minutes before you place it in the jars.
- Seal the jar, once it has cooled down.
- Wash the jars in hot soapy water, before use.
The site sitagita gives complete information on Tips For Pickles and Jams.