Most of the quarrels start due to misunderstanding. But still some start from personal incompatibility, some intentionally and some because of some other person. If the environment of office is peaceful then all the employees love to work there, but in contrary if frequent quarrels occur in the work place then the employees may not be interested in working in that unhealthy atmosphere anymore or may not concentrate properly. Thus, the head of the office should see that less or no quarrel takes place within the office premises.
In order to avoid office quarrels some following points should be followed by both the employer and employees:
1)Try to calm down
– If someone has said anything unfavorable or did something wrong with you in the office then try not to react immediately. Try to control the emotions. A man who is composed and can control his feelings has the capacity to react more effectively and reasonably.
2)Understand the cause of fight
– Before taking any of the party’s side, the employer should know the reason of the fight and then should try to make both of them understand.
3)Try avoiding quarrel simply by talk
– Try that the quarrel does not go beyond talks and try to finish it as soon as possible by taking some intelligent person’s help.
– Most of the time quarrel initiates due to misunderstandings. So try to clear the misunderstanding so that it does not transform into any quarrel.
– Best way to avoid any quarrel is ignoring. If you ignore unfavorable things then automatically no dispute is going to arise.
Employee feuds may lead to bad business and bad image of the company. If there is a conflict among the employees then there may occur lowered productivity and the turnover rate also may decrease. The head of the office should enact the policies which regulate the behavior of the employee that can address the issues immediately as he hears about the conflict so as to create peace and harmony in office.
The employee should address the situation of fight directly. He should personally meet each individual and get to know the reason. Create a policy of open door so that the employees may share their problems. By doing this office quarrels can be avoided to larger extent.
An environment should be created that will foster team work. More of projects should be given to the employees that require a team work so that each employee knows the importance of the other employee and a friendly relation inculcates in between them.
Every employee should be made aware of the side effects of quarrels so that they do not create any. The best among many ways to avoid office quarrels is active listening. It is true that lots of ideas are exchanged at the time of conflict, thus both the parties should learn the skill of listening actively. If the person keeps his mind clam and listens to everything calmly then the quarrel wont’ take place.
Tags : Women, conflicts, quarrels, office, arguments